MOTTO / VISION / GOALS
We don’t just manufacture lubricants, we search for optimal solutions for our customers! Our aim is to become the customers’ number one choice
OLMA …… Flows differently
SHORT DESCRIPTION (Lubricant manufacturing with tradition)
Founded in 1947, the company soon experienced rapid growth thanks to the industrial development in the region and its collaboration with multinational enterprises, such as Fuchs, Valvoline, Petrofer, etc. Today, we represent MotulTech Baraldi, Setral, Tribo-Chemie, and Quaker Houghton
Activities: Development, manufacture, logistics, marketing, maintenance, seeking solutions concerning motor oils, industrial lubricants, chemicals and ecology
Market: Southeast Europe, West Asia.
Competitive advantage in the region: independent development and manufacture, which enables us to be more flexible than the competition and to build partner-like relationships with our customers
In addition to Slovenia, we have distributors in Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Albania, North Macedonia, Montenegro and Kazakhstan.
With an annual turnover of more than 20 million € , we hold an over 43% share of the Slovenian lubricant market.
PRODUCTS AND ACTIVITIES
Our sales programme includes over 3,000 products meeting the demands of different industries within the region. We specialize in the following areas:
INDUSTRIAL LUBRICANTS (for use in foundry, iron-making, metal-working, metal treatment, forging, the plastics industry, the food industry, the glass industry, the manufacture of mechanical parts, the cement industry, the paper industry, the textile industry, and electrical engineering)
• LUBRICANTS FOR PERSONAL AND COMMERCIAL VEHICLES (for use in construction, mining, transportation, agriculture and forestry)
- LUBRICANTS FOR SPECIAL APPLICATIONS
- ADBLUE®: Olma’s manufacturing process, laboratory and logistics are VDA-certified (www.vde.de) for the distribution of AdBlue® in the region. Distribution vehicles.
Olma has a number of house brands covering the above mentioned areas.
OLMA: This is Olma’s house brand, specialized for industry. It also includes a product assortment for general use.
STORM: This is Olma’s house brand specialized for heavy-duty diesel engines. Products from this product line comply with OEM standards.
SLOVENOIL: This is Olma’s house brand, specialized for light-duty vehicles. It also includes a product assortment for general use. Products from this product line comply with OEM standards.
In addition to our own production, we have expanded our sales programme by partnering up with the following brands: SETRAL, QUAKER HOUGHTON, MOTULTECH BARALDI, TRIBO-CHEMIE …
- PERSONALIZED BRANDS: The company has been actively engaged in the production of personalized motor oil and industrial lubricant brands for our customers for 15 years.
- LABORATORY MEASUREMENTS FOR EXTERNAL CLIENTS: We perform the certified measurements as follows: AdBlue® quality assurance in compliance with ISO and VDA, motor oil quality assurance in compliance with ACEA and SAE, hydraulic liquid quality assurance in compliance with DIN and ISO, gear oil quality assurance in compliance with ISO, and 70 additional analyses methods in compliance with ASTM D and ISO standards.
- MONITORING AND ANALYSES: The company boasts one of the most advanced laboratories for lubricant quality evaluation in the region, which enables us to perform various analyses for our customers in compliance with VDA (AdBlue®), ACEA (motor oil) and DIN/ISO (industrial lubricant) requirements.
- EDUCATION AND TRAINING: Olma cooperates closely with the University of Ljubljana and the University of Maribor, as well as the Institute Jožef Stefan. In addition, all employees working in the company’s technical sector have extensive theoretical as well as practical experience. All of this enables us to educate our customers.
- TECHNICAL CONSULTANCY: Optimization of the lubrication process and its related costs, providing online monitoring services, solving individual tribological issues.
ECOLOGY AND SUSTAINABILITY
- Ever since its foundation, Olma has been introducing environmental sustainability improvements. The acquired ISO 14001 certificate testifies to Olma’s care for the environment. Olma also makes sure that all its products are properly labelled and equipped with the proper declarations (acting in compliance with the Chemicals Act and the REACH Initiative, labelling the products with UFI, and keeping a registry of environmental effects and a registry on legal requirements).
- That environmental protection is one of the company’s priorities is also evident from the fact that it is engaged in the manufacture and distribution of a product that has significantly contributed to cleaner exhausts in the car world – AdBlue®.
- Product manufacture is not associated with any wastewater or hazardous waste, while energy is gained exclusively from the electricity and hot water systems provided by Energetika Ljubljana. Olma’s entire fleet of cargo vehicles complies with the EURO-6 standard.
CERTIFICATES AND AWARDS
- We vouch for the quality of our products and business operations with the standards ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ….. (products of our partner companies) – from products for everyday use to highly accomplished military items – market success stories with Olma.
- The quality of our motor oils is certified by Olma’s ACEA membership.
- And the quality of the AdBlue® technology by VDA approval.
- In addition, the quality of industrial oils is certified by different certificates for individual applications, for example Bosch Rexroth, DIN EN ISO 21469, Kosher in Halal standard, etc.
- The most state-of-the-art chemistry, physics and tribology laboratory in Central and Southeast Europe. The laboratory conducts daily monitoring of Olma’s own product manufacture, provides after-sale maintenance services, and performs measurements for our customers. The highest quality standards are ensured with the VDA, ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 certificates. We perform the certified measurements as follows: AdBlue® quality assurance in compliance with ISO and VDA, motor oil quality assurance in compliance with ACEA and SAE, hydraulic liquid quality assurance in compliance with DIN and ISO, gear oil quality assurance in compliance with ISO, and 70 additional analyses methods in compliance with ASTM D and ISO standards.
MANUFACTURE AND STORAGE
- robotized and automated manufacturing,
- item tracing and quality assurance,
- FIFO storage, 24-hour delivery.
- Our key to success is connecting our technical service with our customers’ needs on the market. Our educated workforce enables us to come up with individual solutions for every need.
- Our technical service consists of chemists and mechanical engineers, who focus on the quality and development of our products, marketing engineers, who take care of the needs of our customers, and the BackOffice, which ensures the smooth running of the company.
- In the region, our customers’ needs are looked after by more than 23 technical advisors.
SUPPLIERS / PROVIDERS
We carefully select suppliers who are already established on the market. Our principal suppliers are exclusively global enterprises from the EU market, who run their businesses in compliance with REACH and the Chemicals Act.
SIJ, Revoz, Trelleborg Slovenija, ArcelorMittal, Palfinger, Hella Saturnus Slovenija, Petrol and 2000 other satisfied customers confirm our quality